important info Everything you need to know
Before you embark on your exciting adventure, we would like to inform you of the following to make sure that all your health and travel requirements are taken care of
Booking Terms & Conditions
We have added special provisions to our booking terms & conditions to make allowance for changes due to COVID-19. Please view our booking terms & conditions for details.
Health & Safety
We would like to provide you with additional peace of mind by sharing with you the steps we are taking to ensure a safe and enjoyable stay stay us. Please view our Health and Safety protocols for details.
Malaria and Medication
Malaria is endemic to this region, so please seek advice from your medical practitioner for anti-malaria medication before you travel. Remember, some medications require you to start taking the medication before arrival.
If you take any special medication, be sure to bring enough with you to last the entire visit.
Passport and Visa Requirements
To enter South Africa, all foreign nationals need a passport valid for at least 30 days after the intended date of departure. Ensure that your passport has at least two blank visa pages for entry stamps. Check your country’s visa requirements with the South African embassy.
Please view our Child Policy document for more information
Lodge info sheet
Lodge info sheet
8 canvas and thatch forest rooms | Distance between rooms : 5 - 20 metres
CONFIGURATION:1 double, 5 twins and 2 family rooms
We cater for a maximum of 20 guests
Children of all ages are welcome. Children are served dinner before adults
CHILDMINDING : Available by pre-arrangement
Wifi is available in the main lounge area only. The Wi-Fi can be slow & intermittent due to satellite connection.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Check in: 12h00
Check out: 10h00
Available on request. Must be pre-booked via our Reservations Department.
Yes, Limited coverage
Mastercard, Visa, Amex and Debit cards
Yes, outdoor bathroom boma
Yes - additional charge
Wall Mounted Fans
Yes, low risk
Yes, backed by generator
No Smoking indoors
What to pack
- Comfortable, casual, cool, cotton bushwear
- Hats, windbreaker year round
- Swimwear, hats and sandals – summer
- Comfortable sturdy walking shoes
- Smart casual wear for dinner
- Sunscreen, binoculars, cameras, spare batteries
- Lip cream, contact lens solution, spare glasses
- Reference books
- May-Sept temperature ranges from 10c-25c
- Sunny days with cool mornings and evenings
- Sea temperatures between 18c-22c
- Oct-April temperature ranges from 20c-38c
- Days are hot & humid with occasional afternoon & evening thunderstorms
- Sea temperatures between 21c-26c
- 15 Nov - 15 Jan: Turtle breeding season
- Mar - Jun: Best weather