RATES 2020 - 2022
ROOM RATES ADULT Rates per person per night sharing:
Please note all bookings from 1 January 2020 attract an Isibindi Foundation Levy of R80 per person over age of 12 years per night
|KOSI FOREST LODGE ROOM CATEGORY||MAY 2020 - JUL 2020||AUG 2020 - APR 2021||MAY 2021 - JUL 2021||AUG 2020 - APR 2021|
|FOREST ROOM||R 2 550||R 3 370||R 2 700||R 3 580|
|FAMILY ROOM||R 2 550||R 3 370||R 2 700||R 3 580|
Single Supplement: Plus 30%
Children sharing with adults 0-3 years: No charge
Children sharing with adults 4-12 years: 50% Of Adult Rate
Children sharing with adults 13-18 years: 75% Of Adult Rate
- Included are accommodation, all meals, teas and coffees, guided canoe trip and guided walk in raffia forest
- Excluded are 4×4 transfers, park fees, full day boat trips and 4x4 excursion to Kosi Bay Mouth, drinks, gratuities, items of a personal nature and turtle tracking drives (15 Nov - 15 Jan)
- Children over 18 cannot share a room with 2 adults due to the size of extra beds
- Babysitters are available. 24 hours notice required
PARK FEES & TRANSFERS Rates per person per night sharing:
|KOSI FOREST LODGE PARK FEES & TRANSFERS||MAY 2020 - JUL 2020||AUG 2020 - APR 2021||MAY 2021 - JUL 2021||AUG 2021 - APR 2022|
|Park Fees Per Stay Adult||R 55||R 55||R 70||R 77|
|Park Fees Per Stay Child||R 28||R 28||R 35||R 39|
|Own 4x4 vehicle (park fees per stay)||R 70||R 80||R 80||R 88|
|Manguzi pick up point to lodge (12h00 &16h00)||R 60||R 70||R 70||R 75|
|Manguzi pick up point to lodge (late/early transfer)||R 160||R 180||R 180||R 200|
|Land Transfer from Thonga Beach Lodge - 4x4 transfer||R 430||R 480||R 480||R 530|
|Land Transfer from King Shaka (Durban)||R 3 240||R 3 570||R 3 570||R 3 930|
|Land Transfer from Richard’s Bay||R 2 220||R 2 450||R 2 450||R 2 670|
|Land Transfer From Phinda||R 2 280||R 2 510||R 2 510||R 2 760|
Applicable to all bookings made from 1 January 2020 for travel from 1 January 2020 onwards.
These rates are to the non 4x4 pick up points for the lodge. From pickup point to lodge is 30 minutes. Please note transfer vehicles will wait for 15 minutes only for guests. If guests are not there within that time the transfer vehicle will leave. Another vehicle will be sent to collect guests when they arrive at the additional late/early transfer cost per pax.
- These tariffs exclude the guide’s / driver accommodation should the transfer be late or early to the lodge and ideally we recommend an overnight stop to avoid missing any activity at the lodges. The overnight stop is NOT included
- The tariffs are one way except where noted
- The minimum charge for land transfers is the single rate x2 even if only 1 pax is travelling the charge will be calculated on 2 pax travelling
- If a guest is travelling alone and other guests are booked on the same transfer, then the single supplement will be waivered. However if the guest ends up being the only person booked on the transfer due to other guests changes, then the single supplement charge will be incurred which is double the single rate
- These nett rates include VAT where applicable
- The vehicles are air conditioned except 4x4 vehicles which are open
- Rates exclude Park entrance fees
- The latest pick up time from Richards Bay is 15h30 - last available 4x4 transfer at Manguzi is 18h00 (extra cost)
- These transfers are not exclusive - guests from our other lodges may join the transfer
- All transfers need to be booked three days prior to travelling
- All rates quoted are subject to change, without prior notice
- Our standard cancellation policy applies to transfers
ACTIVITIES & EXTRAS
|KOSI FOREST LODGE ACTIVITIES & EXTRAS||MAY 2020 - JUL 2020||AUG 2020 - APR 2021||MAY 2021 - JUL 2021||AUG 2021 - APR 2022|
|Kosi Mouth Visit - drive to Mouth with |
snorkelling & picnic lunch
|R 530||R 575||R 575||R 630|
|Full Day Boat Trip - Kosi Lakes & picnic Lunch||R 530||R 575||R 575||R 630|
|Turtle Tracking (15th November to 15th January) |
(children 8 yrs & older only)
|n/a||R 1 080||n/a||R 1 190|
|Childminding per childminder per hour - min. 4 hrs||R 80||R 90||R 90||R 100|
|Light lunch on day of arrival.||R 100 - R 190||R 110 - R 200||R 110 - R 200||R 121 - R 220|
|Packed Lunch||R 100||R 110||R 110||R 120|
TERMS & CONDITIONS
SPECIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
in effect 3 March - 30 June 2020 due to impact of Coronavirus.
We guarantee that all bookings made between 3 March & 30 June 2020 will be 100% refundable if cancelled 45 days before date of stay.
- Bookings cancelled less than 45 days but more than 7 days before the date of your stay may be postponed for 24 months.
- Bookings may be changed twice within this period.
- Isibindi will honour the original rate charged, however any increases due to changes in travel season, or rate increase by third parties beyond our control, will be communicated and passed on to the client. These may however not yet be known at the time of postponement (i.e. in the case of park fees increases for example).
- All variations made to bookings will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
New bookings made between 3 March & 30 June 2020
We guarantee that all NEW bookings made between 3 March & 30th June 2020 will be held on a special provisional basis until 30 days prior to arrival with no cancellation fees.
- Usual deposits and confirmations will be required at time of booking to make a booking, but these will be 100% refundable up until the booking is confirmed or 30 days prior to the arrival date. After this standard terms and conditions will apply
Existing, Confirmed & Provisional Bookings
Guests who have existing confirmed or provisional bookings may postpone their travel dates up to 2 years from date of original travel and carry forward 100% of monies paid to date to the future booking.
- The decision to cancel or postpone needs to be made at least 30 days prior to your existing arrival date.
- Postponed bookings need to confirm their new travel dates a minimum of 14 days prior to arrival, subject to availability.
Isibindi will honour the original rate charged provided the booking falls within the same season. If a booking for a low season period is postponed to a high season period, Isibindi will charge the difference between the low season and high season rate (as at the time of the initial booking).
- 3rd party suppliers e.g. park fees and transfers will be charged at rates at time of travel
Should a guest or agent elect to cancel their booking rather than postpone, then our standard cancellation policy applies.
All bookings at all lodges over the Christmas holiday period must be for a minimum of 2 nights (15 December – 15 January) except for Thonga Beach Lodge which is a minimum of 3 nights. Tariffs include a SA tourism levy and are inclusive of vat.
- Provisional bookings made more than 3 months in advance, will be held for 7 days and then automatically released, unless otherwise authorised
- Provisional bookings made less than 3 months in advance, will only be held for 48 hours and then automatically released, unless otherwise authorised
- Should the above release times not be suitable, please feel free to contact us for alternate arrangements
- All bookings must be confirmed in writing
- We run small lodges in remote areas and cancellations, even of just two people, can greatly affect the operation of the lodge. Therefore we require full payment prior to guests arrival and strict adherence to our cancellation policy
- Please ensure that guests have adequate travel insurance to cover any cancellations or changes in travel arrangements
- We require written confirmation accepting our terms and conditions
- Full pre-payment is required 30 (thirty) days prior to clients date of arrival, unless alternative arrangements have been made
- We reserve the right to cancel the reservation should we not receive this payment timeously
- For package bookings we require 25% payment on confirmation and the balance 30 (thirty) days prior to travel
Cancellation Policy (Applicable to all confirmed reservations, except groups)
- We require written confirmation for all cancellations (e-mail or facsimile)
- Cancelled more than 60 days prior to arrival: 10% of the full accommodation charge
- Cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival: 25% of the full accommodation charge
- Cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival: 50% of the full accommodation charge
- Cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival: 90% of the full accommodation charge
- All guests shall settle their extras account in full prior to departure
Group Bookings & Isibindi Package Bookings
- The word ”group” applies to 8 or more full paying guests
- The Isibindi Package booking means a booking for 1 or more persons staying for 5 or more nights at a selection of the Isibindi Africa Lodges
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm a group reservation or Isibindi Package
- Full pre-payment is required 60 days prior to arrival
- We reserve the right to cancel the reservation should we not receive this deposit timeously
Cancellation Policy for Groups & Friends for Free February Special
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is payable on all confirmed group bookings
- Cancelled more than 60 days prior to arrival: 50% of the full accommodation charge
- Cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival: 75% of the full accommodation charge
- Cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival: 90% of the full accommodation charge
- All guests shall settle their extras account in full prior to departure.
- All bank deposits are to be received free of any bank charges or commissions
- All credit card payments by agents for accommodation will have a 3% surcharge, except AMEX & DINERS which have a 5% surcharge
- Please note that only cash or credit cards are accepted at the lodges – strictly no debit cards!
It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that they have adequate travel insurance to cover themselves in the event of having to cover cancelled bookings
VAT & Levies
Rates include VAT and SA Tourism Levy